Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 62 & 63: New Baby!

My mom met her new grandson today.

It feels like a miracle.

Not only did she meet him, but she rode all the way up to the hospital to make sure she got to hold him just hours after he was born.

We have a new family member. His middle name is mom's maiden name. It was one of those joyous days a family has when it welcomes a new member. I experience it with other families all the time. But today was MY family. And it's always an incredible miracle.

The boys and I had so much fun up in Bellingham. It took me back to all the times mom and dad took Michael and I to a hotel for the weekend just to get out of the house and use the pool. The boys LOVED being at a hotel and they LOVED the pool and we really had a wonderful time together.

And on our drive home today I found myself very emotional. It just all seemed so overwhelming. I was concerned about a funeral and a birth at the same time not that long ago. Today, my mom was able to hold her new grandson and enjoy him. It was amazing and beautiful.

I talked to both mom and dad about a little celebration for her birthday and she is totally on board. So tomorrow, in between laundry, I start figuring where to do this. For those of you reading who would like to come celebrate mom's birthday and her life, I'm planning for Sunday, June 7th. I'll post more when I know more. But I could use all the help I could get. I want it to be simple for everyone...but all the help and suggestions I can get are more than welcome!

I need to get some sleep. Hotels for adults don't have the same allure as they do for children. And I found myself having a difficult time sleeping last night. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

But it's been a wonderful couple of days. Spring has sprung, the weather has been beautiful, the days are longer, my mom is here to enjoy them and I became an Aunt for the 2nd time today.

I'm so thankful for it all! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment