Sunday, May 3, 2009

Day 45: Gearing up for another week

Nothing too exciting today. Michael and Kiersten and Gus and Kiersten's parents, Karen and Andy, visited with mom today. She is looking and feeling good.

She is looking forward to talking with the Oncologist this week. And I have to say, I have so many mixed feelings. I think my parents are both believing that mom is getting better. And mom is starting to be up more and is living more. I am terrified that the Oncologist is going to give her bad news and she is just going to quit living again. I'd rather they lived in this world right now where things are good, than to give up before it's necessary. But I know mom needs this appointment, so tomorrow morning I start making phone calls.

I'm a little concerned because Jonathan has a sore throat. I can't take him with me if he's sick, but I don't know who I could get to watch him either. And I really need to be at that appointment with mom and dad. So, I'm just hoping that it gets scheduled for Tuesday or later so that Jonathan will be feeling better. And just hoping and praying that Christopher and I aren't' next. I'm fairly certain it's just a cold, but mom's immune system can't really handle a cold right now!

So, I'm tired. I'm glad I had a weekend to rest up. I haven't had one in a long time. But I'm still beat. And worried. But it's on to a new week.

Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment