Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 59: Relaxed Sunday

Not much news today...after yesterday's post, I think I'll keep this short. I'm still kind of processing the whole Farrah Fawcett story. I can't seem to get it out of my mind. She fought...and got almost 3 years out of her fight. But she was miserable during so much of it. I don't want that for mom. I respect that fight. It takes great strength. I also think it takes great strength to simply choose to live in as good of health as possible what time is left. Farrah Fawcett and my mom are both incredible, strong women who were stricken with cancer. Both chose to deal with their diagnosis differently. Neither choice was right or wrong. Only right for them individually.

What I know to be true is that cancer is a horrible thing. It robs people of everything before it takes their life. No matter how you address it. Whether you fight it or not. The ending is ultimately the same. And that makes me sad and angry.

But every time I get there, I try to find myself back to today where things are good. Mom is living life. Spring has sprung and mom is getting to see it and enjoy it. And that is all VERY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment