Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 51: Still doing well

I talked to dad twice today and he just sounds so much more upbeat and says that mom is doing great.

Although, I did talk to her yesterday and she divulged that she fell last week when they were at IHOP. Dad had to pick her up off the ground. She was lying flat. They both were experiencing some aches and pains from the experience. I'm glad she finally told me but I told her that she couldn't hide that stuff. She is terrified of being put back in the hospital, but I told her that if she tells the Hospice people, their whole goal is to keep her home. They aren't going to send her off to the hospital. She understood and said that she promised to be more careful and that she would tell me those kind of things in the future. We'll see... ;-)

But aside from her weakness and her memory, she is doing so much better. And it makes me feel so happy to hear mom and dad upbeat.

And so I continue to focus on the now. Tomorrow is Mother's Day. I'm looking forward to it. It's supposed to be decent weather. I'm making breakfast up at mom and dad's. We won't stay more than a few hours, but I'm hoping it will be a really good day. Our family really deserves a good day all together! Mother's Day definitely holds an incredible amount of meaning to me this year. It should have in the past as well. I know I can't have regrets...but I do. This will be the last Mother's Day with my mom. I should have spent more with her. But I will make the best out of the one I have left.

Tomorrow is a day to celebrate Mothers. Whether you are one or still have one here to celebrate, or one to honor that isn't here anymore, or just know some incredible mothers, it's a day for all of them tomorrow. I hope it's a good one for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment