Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 48: Living

A non-eventful day is always a good thing these days. Today mom and dad had someone from their church come and give them communion. They'll be doing that every Wednesday. AND mom and dad went out to eat at IHOP! Mom had a big meal. That's such great progress. And when I called at 8pm tonight, she was still up and watching TV with dad.

Besides the fact that there's a hospital bed in the living room...and she is much weaker than she used to be...you could convince yourself that nothing is wrong. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. But for now, I'm happy that mom and dad and getting out a little more and letting more people in as well.

I almost feel like my life is "normal" again. I get up, I work out, I go about my day, I run errands, I teach classes, I do births. But in the back of my head I feel like there is a clock ticking. But I suppose there is always a clock ticking for all of us. Just sometimes it becomes more obvious. Maybe it's not such a bad thing that I hear it now.

I think I'll probably stay home the rest of the week and get some errands done around here. I have to teach a one-day class on Saturday and then we're all heading up for Mother's Day. I'm looking forward to that.

There was a time not that long ago...within the past 48 days... where I wasn't sure I'd have another Mother's Day with my mom, so I'm planning to celebrate this one.

I encourage all of you who have mothers still around, or who are mothers, or have a mother anywhere in your life, to do the same this weekend! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment