Monday, May 11, 2009

Day 53: Chores, daily life and kindness of strangers

I made my normal call to mom and dad this morning and dad said mom had decided it was time to wash the sheets. I knew that would be an adventure. When I called back just a few minutes ago, dad said it was definitely a slow process, but it got done and they were looking forward to clean sheets tonight. I told them next time they just need to let me know when they want it done and I'll do it when I'm up there one day.

Dad also mentioned that he noticed last night that one of his tires had a nail in it when he and mom ran to the grocery store. He got it all taken care of, but I just think that kind of daily stuff should just be wiped out for them. They shouldn't have to deal with it. But I guess I don't run the world. ;-)

And then he mentioned that two ladies from the church called today to see if there was anything they could do for mom and dad. Dad mentioned that they could use some weeding on one side of their house and the ladies said they'd be right over. They asked if they could bring lunch and dad said they were fine. So, the women showed up with a plate of cookies and some fruit and did a beautiful job weeding for mom and dad. Mom and dad were so surprised and pleased. Those kinds of things just touch my heart so very much. I'm making a call to the church tomorrow just to say thanks.

So, we keep plugging along. I've found myself in a very weird mood today. It's becoming so obvious how stressed out I am just with my daily life and my constant childcare struggles and then my mom and dad are always on my mind. And anything over that pushes me over the edge. My patience is short and today I just don't know what to do with it. But tomorrow is another day I guess. I think I'm needing some good taking care of of my own, but that is often hard to come by for a busy mom. And makes me feel kind of guilty for even wanting it.

I'm hoping to have an answer tomorrow about the catheter situation for mom. I called Hospice this morning and they didn't have one yet, but were working on it. They are really right on top of things. They've been incredible. The nurse visits mom and dad tomorrow so I'm hoping she'll have some answers for them then.

Same old, same old kind of seems like a good thing right now I guess. Although our same old, same old is a bit different than it was 54 days ago. But I'll take what I can get right now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment