Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 40: Circle of Life

Very quick blog post tonight.

I left at 5am to a birth this morning. At 4:32pm this afternoon a beautiful baby boy was born into the world. It was a miracle. No matter how many times I see it, it's a miracle.

A new life came into the world today.

And my mom is dying.

Michael and Kiersten visited mom and dad today. They said mom is depressed and dad is incredibly tired.

And as I sat in a birth room as a new baby was being welcomed into the world by his parents, I felt so sad and lost inside and yet so happy for this family.

And the tears fell. Tears of sadness. Tears of joy. Intermixed.

It was a day of contrast. I felt so in touch with the world and so alone at the same time.

I laughed a lot today. And I cried a lot today.

A baby is born.

My mom is dying.

I'm living it all.

And the world keeps turning.

I'm not sure how I keep moving forward.

But I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment