Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 22: Round 2

Mom had her 2nd dose of chemo today. Michael and Kiersten went with mom and dad. It all seemed pretty routine from what was relayed to me.

Mom's Oncologist has been gone all week so the back-up Oncologist that met with mom this week didn't really get into anything with her. There didn't seem to be any more discussion about her kidney function or anemia or her stomach swelling or her nausea or anything.

That all drives my type A personality crazy. I mean mom doesn't get chemo again for 2 weeks. A lot can happen in 2 weeks. A LOT has happened in the past 3 weeks. I guess I just would have liked some more answers. But I want lots of answers to questions that may have no answers. I guess I'm just really frustrated. What's new?

Tomorrow I teach all day. That's probably a good thing. My boys are at their dad's and I hate not having them around. I can't get my mind off my mom. Teaching all day will probably be a good distraction. But right at this moment, I rather like the idea of having a day to sleep in, but it doesn't seem that's in my near future.

Sunday, Michael, Kiersten, Olly and I are heading up to mom and dad's for a quiet Easter. I'm bringing my new voice recorder and plan to just set it up in the room and hope we have some laughter and tell some stories. I'm just hoping mom is feeling okay and can enjoy the day a little. If nothing else, dad will get a meal that he didn't have to put together for himself. :-)

I want to say Thank You again to all of you who have been in touch and been letting me know that you're thinking and praying for me and my family. Word seems to be spreading and I'm hearing from a lot of people and it truly means so very much to me. I'm sorry I haven't been very good at replying individually, but I truly appreciate every one of you. Your thoughts and prayers are what is getting me through. I feel your support and it means the world to me.

And now we move on to week four...still working on taking things one step at a time...one moment at a time...as each moment seems to hold something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment