Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 20: Rest and Wait

I've had lots of people telling me that I need to take care of myself. I do understand that. I'm taking lots of supplements to keep my immune system in top notch form. However, my life was crazy before my mom got sick. Adding in trips up north and the stress that has come with this hasn't done a whole lot for my well being.

So, when I have a rare day like today, I take full advantage. We had no plans today and so we did just that. Nothing. Well...nothing in Mom format...it's not exactly "nothing". ;-) But we just hung around the house and took it easy.

Of course I was also trying to get an answer from the cancer center about the possibility of getting more fluid out of mom's stomach. I still don't have an answer on that one. I'm not good at waiting...

I did talk to mom today and she says she does feel better, so I'm certainly glad to hear that. I just want to have a plan for when her stomach starts to really bother her again.

It was a quiet day overall. And probably a well needed one. The next several days are going to be busy, so I'm glad I had a day to just do nothing. I'm not good at doing nothing, but I'm learning and my body is making it clear that when I find "nothing" to be part of my schedule, then I need to take full advantage of it. Today I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment