Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 24: Easter

We had a lovely Easter today...outside of the drenching rain anyway. :-O It was simple and easy with lots of laughter. Well, maybe mom didn't laugh as much as the rest of us...she was very tired...but she seemed very happy to have us all there.

We only stayed for about 3 and 1/2 hours and I'm sure mom went to bed as soon as we left. But we did leave dad a bunch of food so hopefully he'll have some variety in his diet for a few days.

Mom at about 1/2 the sugar free pumpkin pie that Kiersten made for her. She had some fruit, a couple of radishes and even a few potato chips (her former vice), so it was all better than nothing.

Dad brought me into another room and showed me how he has organized all mom's medications. He showed me how to use her glucose monitor and also showed me where he keeps their will and other pertinent papers. I think he just needed to know someone had this information. He mentioned to Kiersten on Friday that he's a little worried about what would happen to mom if something happened to him. So, I don't anticipate needing to know any of the above information anytime in the near future. But if it eases dad's mind then it's worth knowing.

I also brought my ipod and voice recorder and just turned it on in the corner of the room. Mom didn't talk a lot today but dad shared some fun stories and I've downloaded the recordings just to listen to someday in the future. I'm really glad I bought that thing. I plan to get a lot of use out of it!

I hope everyone had a very nice Easter surrounded by those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment