Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And so this is how it ends...

I think everyone that reads my blog already knows that my mom died yesterday.

208 days.

In some ways that is remarkable because I remember hoping and dreaming for 100. But in most ways in my head right now it is so incredibly painful.

I was there with her when she died. It's strange since I had reconciled with the fact that I wouldn't be there. It was a blessing and a curse. Mom's last 1/2 hour was not quiet. But I'm so glad dad wasn't alone.

I will share the story soon. Right now, it's too much. I just got home and am typing this with my mom's wedding ring on my hand.

The pain I feel is sometimes unbearable. And the relief I feel is painful in and of itself.

I hurt in a way I assume you only feel when you lose your mother. I can't believe I'm living in this world without her. I miss her so incredibly much.

I love you Mom. I will love you and miss you for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment