Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 9: Calm

So, I've had a day completely to myself today. I can count on one hand all the days I've had a house to myself in the last 10 years. Honestly, I don't really like it. I'm bored out of my mind and boredom lets my mind wander, but I've done a pretty good job of holding off any negative thoughts today.

A good friend's Mother-In-Law died today. She's been sick for a long time, but I don't think their family was expecting her to go just yet. This news hit me hard. I have always felt bad for people when they lose someone...but this loss hits really close to home and I truly feel so much hurt for she and her husband.

I did talk to mom today and she sounded good. And she and dad are getting together with friends for lunch tomorrow and that's good too. I'm incredibly grateful that I'm able to go up with them on Tuesday for mom's MRI and shunt insertion (thank you Julie for watching my boys! :-)).

So, although I miss my boys and can't wait for all of them (my 2 little boys, and my one grown up boy...;-)) to come home tomorrow, I did get a lot done around the house today and did spend quite a bit of time doing nothing...although I'm pretty tired of that now. But perhaps it was a day I needed. And it's good to be resting in preparation for a busy week ahead.

I felt calmer today than I have in 9 days, so I guess that's a plus. Calm is good. I'll take it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment