Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 11: Physically preparing

Tomorrow is the day at the hospital. I drop off the boys early with a dear friend who is going to watch them all day so that I can be with mom (THANK YOU JULIE! :-)).

Dad just called and said I didn't need to be there bright and early for the MRI, so I plan to get there around 9:30am to sit with them through the admitting process and then go through the shunt insertion with mom. They're saying it could be 2pm before she's done. The big concern right now is her having another diabetic episode and that's what dad and I will be watching for. If she has one, this might turn into an even longer day. But I'm being hopeful that everything will go as planned.

I expect it will be an emotional day as well as this is the start of this journey into chemo treatments which is incredibly scary. But is also hopefully the start of getting my mom healthier too which is a good thing!

So, for those of you reading...good thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated tomorrow. Will update tomorrow night...

No comments:

Post a Comment