Thursday, June 18, 2009

Days 89 - 91: Dr. Visit

So, it seems a trend of blogging every 3 days now. I kind of like that there is so little going on that I don't need to update every day. I could handle that for a long time. Heck, I would be happy with weekly updates! :-)

But a quick update on mom's doctor appointment today. Apparently they did some cognitive tests on her to determine how well she is doing. Mom and dad's comment to me was that "she failed". I can't say I'm surprised. I don't think mom knew how poor her memory was, but she does now.

They said 3 words to her and asked her to repeat them back. She couldn't. Then they did it again. She still couldn't do it. They asked her to write a complete sentence. Mom can't even sign her name. So, there are some definite cognitive issues. But I already knew that.

So, now we'll see what the insurance says. I told mom and dad that if the insurance company still balks, they may need to go back to the cancer center and get a new diagnosis and prognosis. But for now we just wait.

And mom and dad both have some confirmation about mom's mental status. Now they know it's more than just regular aging. I suppose there is good and bad to that.

So, that's the latest. A simple trip to the doctor. I can't say I don't appreciate those simple trips.

I'm still waiting for a client to deliver. I was almost certain she would have had a baby by now. I'm wondering if I'm going to make it up for Father's Day or not. I guess what will be, will be. It always used to drive me nuts when mom would say that to me. But now I know it's the truth. Although it doesn't mean I have to like it... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment