Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Emotions and Grief

I'm still learning. Today's lesson is that extreme emotions (over anything) cue grief emotions. When the tears come the grief and sadness comes with it. Tonight something came up that created stress, worry and sadness. Out of that came anger and loss and grief. And it's hard to dig myself out of it once the emotions start flowing. Maybe it's the build up to my birthday. Maybe it's just the way grief works. I don't know honestly. I just know it's what happens. I'm assuming that will change with time. I'm assuming that all these "firsts" will be harder than the "seconds". All I know is emotions bring up a lot of stuff I didn't realize was there. And once the tears start they are hard to stop. But my hope is that sunrise will bring a new day and a little peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment