Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 119: Quick Update

Just a quick note...been an up and down week of wondering when mom was going to get her stomach drained. The Hospice nurse came Tuesday and mom still wasn't in pain so they didn't want to drain it. This morning on my routine call to mom and dad, mom sounded like she did a couple of months ago. She was hurting and short of breath. She told me that dad was going to call Hospice to find out when she could get her stomach drained.

Unfortunately, the Hospice Dr. can't come over to drain mom's stomach until next Tuesday. That wasn't going to work, so we spent all day waiting to get an appointment at the hospital. Hospice really apologized to mom, but she was upset. And honestly, so am I. The deal was that she wouldn't have to go back to the hospital. The kit is sitting at their house unused.

Nonetheless, Mom will have her stomach drained tomorrow at the hospital at 3:15pm. I will be there. Friday traffic be damned. I made a promise to mom that I would always be there when she was in the hospital and I'm sticking to it. She originally told me not to come and I told her I wanted to. She then said, "Well, I know your dad won't go back with me...." and I said, "Okay, then I should be there." And she said, "Okay, that would be nice." So, I'm going.

I'll update again tomorrow night. The test will be how long between this draining and the next one. If it happens quickly, we may be seeing the cancer taking over again. But I'm hoping and praying it will be another 2 months.

So, keep mom in your prayers please. It's been a while since we've done this. I'm not looking forward to even dealing with the hospital again. But hopefully mom will feel a lot better tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment