Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 113: Update

Just a quick update...after multiple phone calls with Hospice, mom is feeling that maybe she jumped the gun.

Her regular Hospice nurse starts her vacation tomorrow and originally she had planned to have no one come while she was gone. But now, another nurse will come by on Tuesday and she will drain mom's stomach if necessary at that time.

Mom says she is feeling okay. She can tell something is happening but she isn't in pain right now and I guess that's the determining factor as to whether or not the medical personnel want to do the draining.

So, she and dad are still going to go out to dinner tonight which I guess is good.

If her stomach gets worse this weekend, we'll probably have to hit the hospital again, so everyone that reads this please say prayers that things don't get any worse than they are right now.

I'm not sure how I'm really feeling right now. I still have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. My stress level is feeling pretty high right now. Of course, I have to teach all day tomorrow and have a client that is 41 weeks pregnant too and that's adding to my stress level. So maybe it's just everything combined for me. But I'm concerned what all this means with mom.

I guess none of us will know anything until mom's stomach is drained and we see how long it takes to fill back up. That will be telling... I guess I just have to try and let my brain settle until then.

But I'm still not very good at that unfortunately...

No comments:

Post a Comment