Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 120: And now we wait...

Mom had 4 liters of fluid drained from her abdomen today. The first time since April 27th when they took 6 liters. There were strict orders from the Hospice Dr. that only 4 liters be taken. Just as the 4th liter was topping off, the well ran dry anyway, so it was perfect.

Mom lost about 8lbs. Crazy. She is feeling so much better. There were also strict orders that she go home and put her feet up and rest for the evening. When I called her after I got home, she said she was doing just that and then said she thinks she should get her abdomen drained every day so she could get these kind of doctors orders. :-)

Both mom and dad were extremely grateful I came today, so I'm very glad I went. The boys and I made a day of it. We went out to breakfast, grabbed some snacks from the store, filled up the gas tank, made a bank stop and a Starbucks stop, drove up to Everett and arrived early so, although I was still stuffed from breakfast, my growing boys were ready for lunch and I stopped and got pizza for them. We laughed a lot today. Unfortunately, the wait for mom's procedure was extra long so that part was really boring for them, but they held up well.

The trip home was slow, but I dropped them off at their dad's just 20 minutes late. Not too bad. I got home just a short while ago around 7pm. I left at 10am this morning so it's been a long day, but it was well worth it.

Now, we just wait and see if mom's abdomen goes another 3 months or if it fills up quicker. I'm hoping for another 3 months!

Continue to keep mom in your thoughts and prayers. I'll update as I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment